Fulton Academy of Excellence
An APS Pilot School
Recommendation to Transition Fulton Academy of Excellence Away From Pilot School Status
Dear Fulton Academy of Excellence Community
On behalf of the Joint Steering Committee (JSC), we hope you and your families are safe and well. We wanted to provide you with an update on the JSC’s School Quality Review (SQR) for Fulton that was completed this school year. These reviews are required for all APS pilot schools every three years. After reviews are completed, recommendations are made to the APS Board of Education on whether schools should retain their pilot status. Pilot status allows schools greater flexibilities in areas including calendar, curriculum, budget and staffing. In exchange, pilot schools must show higher levels of student achievement.
Estimados miembros de la comunidad de Fulton Academy of Excellence:
En nombre del Comité Directivo Conjunto (Joint Steering Committee / JSC), esperamos que usted y su familia se encuentren bien. Queremos brindarle los informes más recientes sobre la Revisión para la Calidad Escolar (School Quality Review / SQR) que el Comité Directivo JSC realizó este año para la escuela Fulton. Se requiere llevar a cabo estos repasos cada tres años para todas las escuelas en estatus de escuela piloto. Después de realizar los repasos, se hacen recomendaciones ante el Consejo Directivo de Educación de APS (APS Board of Education) para decidir si la escuela debe mantener su estatus de escuela piloto. Tener el estatus de escuela piloto permite a una escuela tener más flexibilidad en los aspectos del calendario escolar, plan de estudios, presupuesto y la dotación escolar. A cambio de esto, las escuelas piloto deben mostrar niveles más altos de rendimiento estudiantil.
Student Checkout Process:
Family, students or family members who are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 illness are not to report to the student checkout process. In preparation, the family member attending the school checkout process should take their temperature prior to arriving at school.
- The family member (student or adult) picking up student items is expected to wear appropriate protective equipment including face mask/covering.
- Only 1 designated family member (student or adult) is allowed to pick up student items at the school building. All other family members must remain outside and practice six feet of social distancing.
- Six (6) feet social distancing is required at all times.
- Staff and students are not permitted to hug or touch.
- Avoid restroom use unless urgent.
- If families do not pick up items during this time, item(s) will be available for pick up at a later date yet to be determined.
Steps for Item Pickup
- At your designated time, enter through the front door at Fulton and proceed directly to the gym.
- Find the last name of the student’s teacher on the wall in the gym.
- Items will be on the floor in alphabetical order by the student’s last name next to each teacher’s name.
- Pick up the student’s bag of items and proceed to the playground out the rear gym door. Proceed home from the playground. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RE-ENTER THE BUILDING FROM THE GYM.
Thursday, May 14, 2020
8:00-9:00 Reserved for medically fragile family members
9:00-10:00 Last name starts with Ab-Am
10:00-11:00 Last name starts with An-B
11:00-12:00 Last name starts with C
12:00-1:00 Last name starts with D-E
1:00-2:00 Last name starts with F
2:00-3:00 Last name starts with G
3:00-4:00 Last name starts with H-J
Friday, May 15, 2020
8:00-9:00 Reserved for medically fragile family members
9:00-10:00 Last name starts with K-L
10:00-11:00 Last name starts with M
11:00-12:00 Last name starts with N-Q
12:00-1:00 Last name starts with R
1:00-2:00 Last name starts with Sa
2:00-3:00 Last name starts with Se-Sy
3:00-4:00 Last name starts with T-Z
Remote Learning Specials Schedule
There will be specials classes posted in Google Classrooms for specials. Please check the links on the specialists' names. These will start on Monday, April 6th.
Welcome to Fulton Academy of Excellence!
Fulton Academy of Excellence learners are engaged and empowered to reach academic proficiency and are prepared emotionally and socially for life-long success.
The mission of Fulton Academy of Excellence is to ensure relevant, authentic, inclusive, and rigorous education in a safe, supportive environment that motivates learners and provides the time and opportunity to:
- Communicate effectively
- Be problem solvers and critical thinkers
- Reflect and act on their own learning
- Build relationships with students and adults, and
- Engage in a variety of enriching experiences.
PARENTS! Need resources?
Updates to District Nondiscrimination Policies
NOTICE FROM APS LEGAL OFFICE
Please note that updates have been made to the District’s Nondiscrimination Policies:
- AC, Nondiscrimination / Equal Opportunity
- AC-R, Nondiscrimination / Equal Opportunity
- AC-1-E, Notice of Nondiscrimination
- ACE, Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability
The updated policies can be found on the District website at aurorak12.org/about-aps/district-policies/.
NOTIFICACIÓN DE PARTE DEL DEPARTAMENTO LEGAL DE APS
Le comunicamos que hemos llevado a cabo modificaciones a las Políticas de No-discriminación del distrito:
- AC, No discriminación/Igualdad de oportunidades
- AC-R, No discriminación/Igualdad de oportunidades
- AC-1-E, Aviso de No discriminación
- ACE, No discriminación con fundamento en una discapacidad
Usted puede ver las políticas actualizadas en la página web del distrito, en: aurorak12.org/about-aps/district-policies/.